Subject: Re: Video Prices - Starting your own business
From: [email-masked] (Fernando Martins)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 1996 09:41:44 -0800

OK, that's very true. But what I meant was that we don't need *TWO* tapes
using valuable space in our shelves. We just need one nice tape that holds
2h20min. It would be cheaper than two tapes since Tom wouldn't need to get
more duplicating services, more labels, more casing, etc

I bet people wouldn't mind if they spend a little more time rewinding a 180min
tape instead of one (two!) 120min tape!!!

>Come on guys.  You spend $60 on Dinner for two at a nice place.  $60 is
>nothing if it teaches you one thing that can start making you some
>serious cash.  If these tapes bring in just ONE extra job that you might
>not have gotten, you've made back your investment.  Take for example the

>> > >We will, obviously, have to make this a 2 tape series, each running
>> > >approx.
>> > >1 hr. 10 mins. Our duplication, tape jackets, labels, and postage just
>> > >doubled! We will be selling this series for $59.99. That is just $10
>> > >more
>> >
>> > What's the problem?! You don't have 180 mins tapes?! If you used those,
>> > you wouldn't need to get more labels, duplicates, blah, blah, blah...
>> >
>> > Aha! I got it... You need to get the tape in the most standard way, so
>> > that it can be played in most VCRs... So, I guess most people have 1H10m
>> > VCRs and just some 'illuminated' have the 2H20m 'High Density' VCRs ;-)

  __ _ _
 /_ /|/|
/  /   | [email-masked]